- Hiring your remote team
- Creating your virtual office
- Onboarding remote employees
- Motivating your remote team
- Encourage trust, transparency & communication
- Measure results
- Don’t be scared to reevaluate
1. Hiring Your Remote TeamThe foundation of any organisation is its workforce. Put simply, the real challenge lies in hiring people who define the dynamics of your business in the right way.
Determining your requirementsFirst things first, you need to define the profiles you're looking for. Depending on the role, your company culture and specific business requirements, create a go-to checklist of what your ideal candidate looks like. Some parameters to consider are
- communication skills
- technical and non-technical skills,
- language skills,
- culture compatibility,
- location of the candidate, and
- if the candidate has worked remotely before. You can create two different lists — one with all the ‘must-haves’ skills and the other with all the ‘good-to-have’ skills. By doing this, you are creating a clear outline of your ideal candidate and prioritizing your requirements.