How to successfully manage a remote teamThe key to managing a remote team lies in facilitating productive meetings that bridge the distance between coworkers. Besides making social cues available virtually via conferencing tools, remote teams should be able to provide progress updates and remain accountable. And this is possible when everyone feels included and involved in conversations, decisions and actions.
A) Managing a Remote Team1. Creator of the infographic: Aragon Research 2. Infographic link: https://aragonresearch.com/infographic-managing-a-remote-team/ 3. Takeaway This infographic on managing a remote workforce best practices offers tips to remote managers to establish connected, productive teams. The key points are to
- Adjusting the mindset
- Communicating often
- Provide the right tools
- Implementing a work buddy system
B) 7 tips for Managing remote teams1.Creator of the infographic: Nutcache 2. Link: https://www.nutcache.com/blog/7-crucial-tips-for-managing-a-remote-team/ 3.Takeaway This visual arrangement of 7 tips to manage remote teams is just the quick reference every remote manager needs. It talks about
- Hiring the right people
- Using the right remote work tools
- Organizing a work plan
- Articulating project goals clearly.
- Keeping lines of communication open
- Building trust
- Developing a happy, engaged team.
C) 10 Ways To Successfully Manage A Team Whilst Working Remotely1. Creator of the infographic : Silverdoor, UK 2. Link: https://www.silverdoorapartments.com/blog/how-to-successfully-manage-a-remote-team/ 3. Takeaway This infographics about managing a remote team focuses on how to keep everyone visible, available and accountable without the need to have them all in the same room. It includes points for hiring, communication and technology such as
- Hiring doers, hiring people you trust, trusting the people who are hired, and effective communicators.
- Getting people habituated to daily communication
- Making time for small talk and recreating office banter virtually.
- Setting times for availability outside of scheduled hours for one on one talk.
- Using the right project management tool to track activities and duration.
- Video conferencing
D) Everything you need to manage a virtual team.1. Creator of the infographic: Wrike 2. Link: https://www.wrike.com/blog/everything-you-need-to-successfully-manage-a-virtual-team-checklist/ 3. Takeaway This virtual team management checklist contains tips to align remote teams. It includes
- Processes: standardized onboarding, operations document, communication guidebook and contact information for remote workers.
- Regularizing meetings and reviews.
- Holding face-to-face time
- Timezone sensitivity
- Getting hiring right
- Tools for screen recording, sharing and capturing, video and instant messaging, collaboration, project management and file sharing.
- Cultivating the right mindset to be inclusive, welcoming and supportive.
- Giving recognition
- Encouraging flex-work hours
E) Effective Remote workingCreator of the infographic: Visual.ly Link: https://visual.ly/community/Infographics/business/effective-remote-working Takeaway This short and simple infographic is laid out like a SWOT analysis chart, with 4 key points:
- Know your timezones
- Use the right technology
- Have facetime